Why Are Random People Adding Me on Snapchat??

General topics relating to the Snapchat App on all devices. Please be specific as possible when posting in this forum so it is not removed. Posts include Snapchat tips, tricks, trends, ideas, functionality, and more.

User avatar

snapsterpiece
Site Admin
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:54 pm

Why Are Random People Adding Me on Snapchat??

Has anyone else been experiencing this lately? I keep getting notifications of random people I don't know that are adding me on Snapchat. Ironically, they are all female names. They don't have pictures.

Snapchat Random People Adding Me
Snapchat Random People Adding Me (14.53 KiB) Viewed 26195 times

I definitely don't know any of these people and I never used to get people adding me in Snapchat. In addition, I checked under Settings -> Who Can... and everything is set to 'My Friends'. I also have 'Quick Add' disabled.

Snapchat People Adding Me I Dont Know
Snapchat People Adding Me I Dont Know (53.09 KiB) Viewed 26196 times

See comments below in real-time. You can comment as a guest - click "Post Reply" below.

User avatar

snapsterpiece
Site Admin
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:54 pm

Re: Why Are Random People Adding Me on Snapchat??

Post by snapsterpiece »

I've been experiencing this as well. People would never add me before and now I get a new request fairly often. At first it was the same where someone random would request me, but now it's "Nicole" no-last-name with a different account each time. The name is always "Nicole", just with a different account. Today I looked and I had two requests, both "Nicole" no-last-name with slightly different accounts, and I remember at least one more instance where a "Nicole" added me "by search".

Weirdness aside as far as "Nicole" goes, I figure this is just another scam/fishing attempt where accounts are generated to either get data from you or actually interact and try to scam you. It's just like when you get randos sending you requests on Facebook as far as I know. They may try to send you links to take your information or be even more conniving and try to get actual money out of you by interacting as someone else.

Either way, better not to interact whatsoever.

See comments below in real-time. You can comment as a guest - click "Post Reply" below.

IdkWhyImHere

Re: Why Are Random People Adding Me on Snapchat??

Post by IdkWhyImHere »

Exact same problem. I've made a new account and it never stopped? I think it's just gotten to the point where it's not personal. This isn't new for Snapchat. I'm going to stick it out on my new account until the next update. I've also formed a report to the snapchat team to see if this can get sorted. So good to hear others are being bothered by this! Thought I was being bullied or something lmao ;)

thelegendmj

Re: Why Are Random People Adding Me on Snapchat??

Post by thelegendmj »

This has been happening to me. The last two weeks I keep getting random adds from the same name with different variations of it. It's really odd the first two I accepted and asked who it was and had no response. I removed both of those. Since then I've had a further 5!

I never have many people add me on Snapchat and all of a sudden I'm getting lots from the same name which is slightly different each time. It's really weird, I'm glad I'm not the only person having this problem as I were like what the hell is going on here.

The first time was also from my Snapcode which I once shared on Twitter a long time ago which obviously is public. Therefore I changed that too, I now have a new snapcode but since that they've added me by search each time.

I guess this is a new type of scam then.... Think I'll delete my account and start fresh soon if it carries on any longer as it's getting really annoying.

DaddyDom2177

Re: Why can I not stop "Quick Add"

Post by DaddyDom2177 »

I'm a new user and find the endless stream of quick add suggestions very infuriating. I don't allow access to my contacts. I have only 1 friend on SC. I have disabled "see me in Quick Add". I have set "receive notifications from" to friends only. I really can't see or think of anything else to do?

Can anyone help?

I apologise for posting in this thread. I can't create a new one, nor can I Join. I don't even understand the criteria for becoming a member.

D